Wednesday, December 4, 2013

poetry with Walt and Em

With this semester coming to an end we end with the poetry of Emily Dickinson and Walt Whitman.  Poetry has never been my favorite subject, I like reading poetry, but writing poetry has never been my strong suite.  I remember learning about Emily Dickinson in my junior year of high school, she lived a life of seclusion by choice.  From reading her poems, and about her, she seems like she would have been a very strange and awkward woman; living in seclusion being a small part of me thinking that.  She wrote her poems not knowing that they would be read by anyone but herself, I'm not sure if she would be happy about that, but it is what it is.  I can say that I find reading her poems interesting, I have to read some of them a few times before I get the jest of the poem; I also love how short her poems are, that makes reading and comprehending them so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment